So that all throwers from all kingdoms can participate, we will be using the Society Thrown Weapon Rules rather than rules of the Middle, East, or Æthelmearc.
In addition, please note these items for Pennsic War 50:
- All throwers must have footwear that covers the soles of their feet, although closed-toe footwear is recommended.
- The minimum age to throw is 5 years of age.
- Youths under 18 need to be registered at the range by a parent or legal guardian before they throw for the first time. The parent or legal guardian must stay at the range with those under 12 at all times. Once registered, those 12 and older can be at the range without a parent or legal guardian.
- Pennsic Thrown Weapons does not provide loaner equipment. Individual throwers MAY choose to loan out equipment at their discretion.
The marshals are always willing to teach new people to throw. There is a small “teaching” range available for classes and teaching only. If a contest is in progress, this range can be used to teach beginners.
-Thrown Weapons Marshal in Charge
Forrester Uthan Laoch
The Thrown Weapons and is located on the east side of the Battlefield, just to the right beyond the Fort.
The range can be open if a minimum of two adults, one being a TW marshal, are present on the range. We have a flag system to show the range status: the green flag signifies the range is open. The red flag signifies that the Atl-atl range is open. If no flags are flying during normal operating hours, the range is closed (likely due to weather or terrain condition making the ranges unsafe).
If you are available to help with set up, your assistance will be greatly appreciated. The old adage, "Many hands make light work" is very true for range setup. The more help we have, the faster the range can open up for throwing.
Marshals are needed to run all of our ranges throughout Pennsic. Help from Marshals-In-Training (MITs) is encouraged, and a quick way to put in your time.
- Thrown Weapons Marshal Training Class (TBA)
- Learn the SCA rules and guidelines to be a thrown weapons marshal. Contact Thrown weapons MIC for more information.
These meetings are for all Thrown Weapons marshals who are at Pennsic.
- Opening Meeting - TBA
- We will go over range rules, schedule of events and any other topics we might need to discuss.
- Closing Meeting - TBA
- Includes putting our heads together for improvements or innovations for next year. All marshals are asked to please stay for break down and clean up of the range after the meeting.