Troll uses tablet computers for checking in preregistered attendees, and for registering at the door.
You need to bring a few things to Pennsic for Check-In– Entry Fee, Government-issued photo identification, and Proof of Membership (if you are an SCA member).
You will also need to know the license plate number of your car (and trailer) for your parking tag.
When you are packing, keep your IDs and proof of membership accessible. We cannot issue a refund if you find your proof of membership after checking in.
1. Entry Fees
- Bring enough cash or a credit card to pay your entry fees. No Checks, Travelers’ Checks, Money Orders, or coins are accepted.
- Even if you have pre-registered, you may still need to pay a portion of your entry fees when you arrive.
- The list of entry fees can be found at the Cooper’s Lake Campground website.
- There are no single-day admission rates for visitors; this includes family, friends and Clergy. Everyone attending Pennsic must pay the full fee, based on your arrival date.
2. Government-issued photo ID
All adults (ages 18 and older) and emancipated minors will need a government-issued ID. This can be national (U.S. or other nationality if appropriate), state, or local. The ID must include photo, name, and date of birth. Emancipated minors must show legal proof of emancipation, in addition to an ID.
Some examples of acceptable ID are passports, drivers’ licenses, state ID cards, and military-issued ID cards. This is not a comprehensive list, just a few examples.
If your ID does not have a photo, please have a secondary form of ID that we can check against your primary one (for example, a work/building pass with your name and picture on it, and a government-issued ID with your name and birth date on it).
If you have further questions, please contact Troll.
3. Proof of membership
Adult SCA Members receive a $25 discount on their event fee. Please bring proof of membership for each adult member of the family checking in.
Valid proofs of membership are:
- a current SCA membership card
- a Proof of Membership Letter (available at members.sca.org)
If you are planning to show Troll your Proof of Membership Letter on a tablet or smartphone, please download it before you arrive at the counter to check-in. Note that you may not always get high-speed phone data connections on-site.
- a Kingdom newsletter label with your name, member number, and expiration date
- other verification issued by the SCA Office in Milpitas, California.
The above items only prove membership for the individual named on them, NOT for family members.
Fighters’ authorization cards are NOT acceptable as proof of membership.
The $25 Membership discount cannot be given if proof of membership is found after check-in.